Code of Conduct & Ethics
The MWH Code of Business Conduct provides guidance for all individuals who represent or act on behalf of MWH Global and its subsidiary companies. Uncompromising integrity and an ongoing commitment to Building a Better World are essential elements of how we do business. Temporary and permanent employees, officers, contract labour, agents, consultants and board members are all expected to conduct business in an honest, ethical and lawful manner at all times and adhere to the principles we establish.
The Code of Business Conduct embodies the MWH Core Values that form the cornerstone of our reputation. It sets forth individual responsibilities in maintaining our legacy of ethics and integrity.
MWH cannot anticipate every challenge that may arise during business, but the Code of Business Conduct serves as the foundation for the values guiding all operations and individuals to ensure a consistent and ethical approach to our work, regardless of location, entity or job function.
In support of the commitment of the entire MWH organization to integrity, we maintain an active Ethics and Compliance Program that follows the highest business ethics set forth in the Code of Business Conduct. The program has been modelled after recognised standards for corporate compliance and is being implemented by MWH in accordance with industry best practices.
Examples of the MWH commitment to integrity:
- MWH has made an internationally-recognised pledge to the World Economic Forum’s Partnering Against Corruption Initiative (PACI), which compels MWH to implement an effective compliance program and ensure zero-tolerance toward bribery and corruption.
- MWH is a corporate member of TRACE International, which requires its member companies to be committed to the highest level of transparency in their commercial transactions and comply with the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the United Kingdom Bribery Act of 2010 (UK Anti-Bribery Act) and other anti-bribery laws.
- MWH also is committed to Ethisphere’s Business Ethics Leadership Alliance (BELA), a community of companies who realize the inherent value of ethical leadership and its effects on company performance.
Ethics and Compliance Program Details
MWH has developed policies, procedures and practices covering several areas. Examples include:
- MWH maintains anti-bribery, charitable contribution, and gifts and entertainment policies.
- MWH conducts online ethics and compliance training and periodic live training on various aspects of its Ethics and Compliance Program.
- To manage external relationships, MWH has non-negotiable standard terms and conditions for contracts with subcontractors, clients and partners that incorporate MWH ethics requirements.
- MWH offers an anonymous hotline, various reporting mechanisms for employees to voice concerns or ask questions, risk assessments, audits and investigations when necessary.